Game Art Director
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?
Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers.
Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual who will collaborate with our Top Management, Art teams, Developers, and Designers to define the game's art style.
The projects in question include social/casual video games for devices such as iPhone, iPad, tablets, and other portable platforms.
As a key member of the team's management core, you'll take charge of the initial concept and overall visuals seeing them through to final delivery.
- This is a hands-on position. You are a passionate artist but also a leader with genuine visual ideas defining various art styles, creating highly appealing proof of concepts, sharing your experience and expertise to help your team and fellow artists excel in their craft;
- Establish style and vision of the game including environment, character, title screen, and user interface look and feel;
- Ensure the quality follow-up in the production process including the fast prototyping stage while working with real-time engines such as Unity, Unreal, and others;
- Managing the Art development processes, limitations, and dependencies across mediums;
- Managing teams of 5-10 or more artists;
- Understanding and efficiently implementing the industry pipelines and able to manage challenging deadlines;
- Work alongside other creatives in the studio.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in Art Directing, managing Art teams, shipping at least one title;
- At least 5 years of experience in the video game industry or similar creative research and development environments;
- Proven storytelling and concept Art skills;
- Strong foundation in the traditional Arts;
- Superior eye for light, value, color, and composition;
- Strong, proven knowledge and skills in graphic design principles, fonts, layout design, user interface function and design (tailored for social/casual games - clean, simple, fresh, and readable art assets);
- Able to adapt to the great diversity of visual styles no matter if stylized or realistic;
- Good team player with excellent communication, negotiation, and teaching skills;
- Open to creative feedback, providing direct hands-on solutions to either positive or constructive criticism in a timely fashion;
- Highly organized with solid time management skills, strongly motivated, and with a great desire to prove himself within the company;
- Optimistic problem solver including complex technical issues, able to learn and master new tools and techniques;
- Good level of written and spoken English;
- Passion for video games.
- Deep understanding of the mobile games market and their demographics is a big plus;
- 3D background in hard surface and organic modeling, texturing, animation, FX, and post production for video games is a plus;
- Experience working with game engines, implementing 3D work into the pipeline is a plus;
- Experience working with outsourcers is a plus.
Bachelor degree of Computer Graphics/ Graphic Design/ Media Arts/ Fine Arts/ or Other.
Your portfolio will convey technical mastery and a natural eye for artistic creativity and design. Qualified candidates will be asked to complete an art assessment.
What we offer:
- Professional working environment;
- Supportive working climate, a young team with a free communication style, and also the possibility to make outstanding performances fairly rewarded;
- Expand your technical knowledge;
- Friendly atmosphere and support for personal growth.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter, or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.). Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.