Version Control Specialist
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
At Gameloft Montreal, you’ll be working with the world’s best game developers. Our studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter, Modern Combat and Gangstar series.
As a Version Control Specialist on Gameloft’s Corporate Applications team, you will hold a key position and help provide excellent services to the game teams, as well as to Gameloft employees in an exciting international environment.
You will be directly responsible for tools, including their deployment, documentation and use by all employees of the company.
- Ensuring the correct configuration of GitLab in order to provide the best possible user experience
- Resolving issues with GitLab and SVN in collaboration with the infrastructure teams and by contacting the GitLab support team as needed
- Developing and promoting new practices for automation (e.g. automated testing, CI/CD)
- Keeping up to date with new technology in terms of features (e.g. plugins) and development best practices for GitLab
- Developing scripts, add-ins and automated processes to ensure rapid deployment and provide quality support
GitLab and SVN support:
- Managing permissions in GitLab and SVN
- Assisting users with the management of their GitLab repositories
- Managing repositories in SVN
- Providing general support (levels 1 and 2) for GitLab and SVN
- Providing guidance to GitLab users about the features available in the tool
- Maintaining internal documentation for GitLab and SVN
GitLab technical reference:
- Taking on the role of GitLab mentor within the team to promote its use and encourage employees to adopt the DevOps approach
- Organizing and leading training sessions for new GitLab users
- Promoting migration from SVN to GitLab, especially for new projects
Assisting other team members with various business applications
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in GitLab and SVN support/management
- Experience with automation
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience providing support for / managing Atlassian products, such as Jira Software, Confluence and Jira Service Desk
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with the following programming languages: Java, Bash, Python
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS, etc.)
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Good understanding of project management principles and of Agile and hybrid Agile-waterfall methodologies
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Vacation and personal days off
- Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
- A storage room for 80 bikes
- Daily snacks
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.