Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
A leading mobile-game developer and publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in App Annie's “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” list. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter, and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
Gameloft distributes its games in more than 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games through Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Gameloft’s audio department is looking for an audio director.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities :
Under the supervision of the audio manager, and in collaboration with the various stakeholders involved in the creation of our games, the audio director role includes:
- Taking responsibility for all sound content in the games
- Defining games' sound needs (content, technical)
- Defining the artistic direction for music, sound effects and voiceovers
- Staging sound elements in games to support gameplay mechanics, bolster narrative and emotional elements, and create the best experience for players
- Providing advice, suggesting improvements, and asking for changes when necessary (as much for sound effects as for music and voiceovers)
- Considering and adopting new technical solutions relevant to the department
- Supervising and taking part in the creation of in-game audio systems
- Overseeing the creation of audio tools based on project needs
- Taking responsibility for projects' progress and regularly monitoring them
- Supervising the content-approval processes with our partners, when necessary
- Participating in the creation of processes to improve quality, organization and productivity
- Sharing know-how and acting as a mentor
- Participating in the distribution of the team's workload, as well as in the assignment of projects
- Supporting the audio manager in maintaining a well-organized and productive team within a good working atmosphere
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes :
- Previous/current position as audio-team leader or audio director on several published games
- Experience as part of an audio team
- Solid background in sound design
- Experience in music production or supervision
- Experience in voice over production
- Good knowledge of audio techniques (mixing, processing, compression formats) and associated tools (DAWs, plugins, editors, etc.)
- Good knowledge of audio middleware (especially Wwise) and audio systems for video games
- Curious, independent, resourceful, and proactive
- Organized, comfortable working on multiple projects in parallel, and able to operate under pressure
- Comfortable with project-management tools (Jira, Confluence, Gantt, etc.)
- Strong communicator who is comfortable in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Respectful and tactful, while also able to defend one's ideas
- Comfortable in a collaborative work environment
- Able to inspire an audio team
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- A storage room for 80 bikes
- Daily snacks
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
- Beer Fridays
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.