A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
The company has operated in Ukraine since 2007. Gameloft Kharkiv is one of the largest and the most successful Gameloft Studios, which cooperate with more than 360 gamelofters.
Gameloft Lviv is young Studio that has more than 250 gamelofters and continues to grow, establishing full development pipeline for mobile games.
We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual who will collaborate with our Top Management, Art teams, Developers, and Designers to define the game’s art style.
The projects in question include social / casual video games for devices such as iPhone, iPad, tablets and other portable platforms.
As a key member of the team’s management core, you’ll take charge of the initial concept and overall visuals seeing them through to final delivery.
- This is a hands-on position. You are a passionate artist but also a leader with genuine visual ideas defining various art styles, creating highly appealing proof of concepts, sharing your experience and expertise to help your team and fellow artists excel in their craft.
- Establish style and vision of the game including environment, character, title screen, and user interface look and feel
- Ensure the quality follow-up in the production process including fast prototyping stage while working with real-time engines such as Unity, Unreal and others.
- Managing the Art development processes, limitations, and dependencies across mediums.
- Managing teams of 5-10 or more artists.
- Understanding and efficiently implementing the industry pipelines and able to manage challenging deadlines.
- Work alongside other creatives in the studio.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in Art Directing, managing Art teams, shipping at least one title.
- At least 5 years of experience in the video game industry or similar creative research and development environments.
- Proven storytelling and concept Art skills.
- Strong foundation in the traditional Arts.
- Superior eye for light, value, color and composition.
- Strong, proven knowledge and skills in graphic design principles, fonts, layout design, user interface function and design (tailored for social / casual games – clean, simple, fresh and readable art assets)
- Able to adapt to the great diversity of visual styles no matter if stylized or realistic.
- Good team player with excellent communication, negotiation, and teaching skills.
- Open to creative feedback, providing direct hands-on solutions to either positive or constructive criticism in a timely fashion.
- Highly organized with solid time management skills, strongly motivated and with a great desire to prove himself within the company.
- Optimistic problem solver including complex technical issues, able to learn and master new tools and techniques.
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- Passion for video games.
- Deep understanding of the mobile games market and their demographics is a big plus.
- 3D background in hard surface and organic modeling, texturing, animation, FX, and post production for video games is a plus.
- Experience working with game engines, implementing 3D work into the pipeline is a plus.
- Experience working with outsourcers is a plus.
Bachelor degree of Computer Graphics/ Graphic Design/ Media Arts/ Fine Arts/ or Other.
Your portfolio will convey technical mastery and a natural eye for artistic creativity and design. Qualified candidates will be asked to complete an art assessment.
- Professional working environment;
- Supportive working climate, a young team with a free communication style and also the possibility to make outstanding performances fairly rewarded;
- Expand your technical knowledge
- Friendly atmosphere and support for personal growth