Lead QA - Delicious World
What you'll be up to
“Drive the entire QA process on a successful live game”
As our Lead QA you will own the entire QA structure within the game studio, responsible for running our successful live game: Delicious World, with a focus on player experience.
Next to that, you’re responsible for:
- Setting up a QA roadmap, procedures, and ensuring QA is an integral part of the day-to-day operations within the entire studio, while proactively managing our external QA partners (Outsourced)
- Setting-up, driving and & optimizing a scalable QA process for both live build & release build pipelines (incl. automation)
- Directing, assisting and overseeing testers in testing against design specs, smoke tests and daily bug regression.
- Creating test cases and revising existing scripts.
- Working with the development team in daily stand-ups, retrospectives and reviews, making sure you bring your experience to help learn from their mistakes if an issue has affected player experience.
- Monitoring trends on device distribution, OS version distribution and incorporating a plan how to proactively manage quality.
- Working together with Customer support on the inflow of customer enquiries and help structuring these issues.
When are you doing a good job?
- Lead role: You have maintain and challenge our QA structure, build the roadmap, and procedures, being an integral part of the day-to-day operations within the entire studio, pro-actively managing our external partners
- You show you’re willing to go the extra mile for optimal gamer experience: user experience matters
- Coaching: You have grown the entire team’s sense of ownership, not fully relying on QA to solve their problems.
- Proactively contributed to the prioritization of tasks and suggested production process improvements and long term wins
- When you are generally a nice person to work with and we can have some fun too
What makes us awesome
- We are a medium-sized stable company with approx. 100 people that has been around for the last 15 years
- You get freedom to build out the platform and suggest improvements in a proper big data environment (70 million events are received in our data stream daily)
- You have the opportunity to move the needle and have an impact on the future growth of the organization. Your work is valued
- You will get lots of opportunity to learn
- Low hierarchy, ability to work autonomous without needless sign-off
- Social culture with good team spirit, eager to learn from your experience
- Have a good work/life balance and work in a family-friendly environment
- Studio Bonus: There is a direct link between the creators’ input and the success or failure of a game. Therefore 5% of the net revenue of a game will be contributed to a studio bonus pool annually, uncapped
- Restaurant card that allows you to purchase a free lunch at places of your choice
- Employee Book Buying Program
- Public transport card
- Language classes
- Sports program (½ off)
Why you're awesome
- You have at least 4 years of experience driving QA on F2P mobile and coordinating external QA teams with testing mobile games as well as running various social features.
- You have experience testing within a LiveOps environment. Improving an existing mobile product (e.g. testing new added features, new levels, campaigns, seasonal changes using data analysis)
- You have a proactive attitude & are able to create conditions that enable you (and QA) to be successful
- Player experience is something that’s core to your approach to QA
- You have implemented automated testing in the recent past
- Agile development frameworks is second nature