As Data Analyst, you will be part of the passionate team located in Barcelona that creates our story-driven casual time management game Delicious World. You will analyze the data and help our Delicious Wold reach its full potential. You will be working in a dynamic and fun environment while having a direct impact on the success of GameHouse.
What You'll Be Up To
- Researching, developing and evaluating new data products and predictive models for customer segmentation and targeting, purchasing propensity modelling, churn modelling, lifetime value estimation, financial forecasting, recommendation systems, modelling response to incentives, price optimization and so on.
- Creating new data products by developing algorithms and extracting essential insights from current big data storage for different games of the company.
- Utilizing the data modelling platforms and solutions with regards to infrastructure, networking, big data processing, machine learning and cost.
- Working closely with the business stakeholders to translate requirements into solid data products that enable insights and growth.
- Working on in-depth analysis and hypotheses testing that deals with immediate needs and long term strategic projects that drive major change for the games.
- Creating data visualizations and analysis pipelines that demonstrate the key points to the business users.
- Investigating new technologies, tools, and prototype the latest techniques and tools to evolve data capabilities of the company.
GameHouse has a deep passion for creating casual story driven games. It’s built around people that have been in the industry for 10+ years and we're game addicts, comic lovers, creative artists, story writers, who need to self express by sculpting, coding, drawing and writing. We pride on cut-the-bullshit and just build it when it comes to new stuff. We don’t mind discussing what is good and talking about what needs to be improved. We operate in small teams with a high level of autonomy and responsibility. We care deeply about the characters and worlds that we build.
Along with more than 100 passionate people, you will be a part of a globally-focused team with locations in Eindhoven (HQ), Barcelona, Madrid & Alicante.
What Makes Us Awesome
You mean aside that we are making games loved by players all around the world? (Seriously, we have some of the best fans in all of gaming) Or our beautiful office in Eindhoven with lots of welcoming, passionate colleagues? In these times we obviously offer remote options as well - but eventually we would like you to relocate to Eindhoven. If that alone doesn't convince you, how about these great benefits?
- You get freedom to build out the platform and suggest improvements in a proper big data environment (70 million events are received in our data stream daily)
- You have the opportunity to move the needle and have an impact on the future growth of the organization. Your work is valued
- You will get lots of opportunity to learn
- You will be able to take autonomous decisions without a lot of red tape processes
- Studio Bonus: There is a direct link between the creators’ input and the success or failure of a game.
- Therefore 5% of the net revenue of a game will be contributed to a studio bonus pool annually, uncapped
- Restaurant card that allows you to purchase a free lunch at places of your choice
- Public transport card
- Employee Book Buying Program
- Language classes
- Sports program (½ off)
Why You're Awesome
- Bachelors in Math, Statistics, Comp Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field required; Masters or PhD preferred.
- Overall 5+ years of data science/AI research experience
- Hands on experience with Big Data storage/tech stack like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cloudera, Impala or Kafka.
- Familiar with Data Science programming languages, libraries and frameworks (Python/R, Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit learn, PyTorch, Keras, Tensorflow etc)
- Understanding of discrete optimization approaches and algorithmic knowledge of modern DS/DM modelling methods (Bayesian classifiers, Logit regression, Decision trees, Random forest, XGboost/LightGBM, RNN, LSTM etc).
- Experience with automating full Machine Learning models management pipeline (H2O, Databricks, DataRobot, MLOps, etc).
- Experience with multivariate A/B testing and statistical significance measuring
Nice to haves
- Fluent in SQL and MPP databases (Azure, AWS is a preference)
- Experience in a cloud environment, preferably AWS or Azure.
- Experience with BI platforms like Tableau / Periscope / Qlikview / PowerBI
When are you doing a good job?
- You successfully created and deployed several dozens of models in production
- You effectively solved relevant business tasks for the current live games
- You provided a clear value for the company in terms of delivering new data products, valued by the team.
- You fostered and uplifted a data driven culture in the company.
- You became a good and valuable part of the team, sharing your experience and knowledge with other team members.
- You have shown an understanding of the company’s mission and strategy and supported these with data products.