GG (gameglass.gg) is software that is installed on both your computer (host) and your tablets/phones (client, form of mobile app). We create intuitive, immersive interfaces for the client that look like they come directly out of the video game they are associated with. We have labeled buttons and animations, which when pressed, send commands directly to your PC, which in turn execute commands within the video game you are playing.
We're looking for a digital designer to join the team.
- Shard UX and visual design
- Website elements (nav, CTAs, page designs)
- Marketing assets (emails, social content, etc)
The GG team is 100% remote, working all over the world (USA, Canada, Netherlands), and this person will also be working remotely. We're looking for:
- A genuine passion for games. This is super important; we've been very careful to build a team that plays games, knows how & why games are designed, and understands gamers and the community. You can't fake this
- A self-motivated, honest, transparent, communicative team player, who can work to fit into a team and will proactively help define and track whats needs to be done
- Someone who can work well remotely. Everyone THINKS it sounds cool, but not everyone is good at it. They need to be able to manage their time, communicate with the team, and set responsible boundaries
You'll notice all the above are culture & soft skills. They're crucial, and we've turned away otherwise great talent because we didn't think they'd fit in the team. We've built an amazing team of people who are at the top of their game (PUN!), get shit done, and work incredibly well together. We have a HUGE amount of work ahead of us, and have zero time for people who cause friction.
- Incredible UI design skills, with an awareness of sound UX principles and user motivations
- High-level expertise with Figma, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Graphic design chops, including the ability to create bespoke design elements to support website pages, emails, etc
- Obsessive attention to design detail, able to articulate why their design choices matter, but also able to understand where to invest design time and where to economise
- Great understanding of website conversion flows, calls to action, funnels, etc
Nice to have (any order, one or many):
- Branding and logo design background
- Social ad content experience
- Front-end dev experience, including Storybook, React, Typescript
- Copy writing and editing
- Motion graphics
- Video editing
- iOS / Android app design
What can we offer?
- The chance to work on a rapidly growing, game-related SaaS start-up
- Be part of a tight-knit team, full of heavy hitters
- Work directly under the company co-founder (he's in Canada, timezones are a thing but solvable)
- A legit reason to play games during work hours
- Free games!
- Open, transparent, collaborative working structure, with the ability to help make meaningful decisions
If that all sounds great, we'd love to hear from you. Get in touch with your CV, portfolio or code repo.