Front End Developer
GG (gameglass.gg) is software that is installed on both your computer (host) and your tablets/phones (client, form of mobile app). We create intuitive, immersive interfaces for the client that look like they come directly out of the video game they are associated with. We have labeled buttons and animations, which when pressed, send commands directly to your PC, which in turn execute commands within the video game you are playing.
We're looking for a front-end developer to join the team.
- Shard build and implementation
- Host app feature implementation
- Website development
The GG team is 100% remote, working all over the world (USA, Canada, Netherlands), and this person will also be working remotely. We're looking for:
- A genuine passion for games. This is super important; we've been very careful to build a team that plays games, knows how & why games are designed, and understands gamers and the community. You can't fake this
- A self-motivated, honest, transparent, communicative team player, who can work to fit into a team and will proactively help define and track whats needs to be done
- Someone who can work well remotely. Everyone THINKS it sounds cool, but not everyone is good at it. They need to be able to manage their time, communicate with the team, and set responsible boundaries
You'll notice all the above are culture & soft skills. They're crucial, and we've turned away otherwise great talent because we didn't think they'd fit in the team. We've built an amazing team of people who are at the top of their game (PUN!), get shit done, and work incredibly well together. We have a HUGE amount of work ahead of us, and have zero time for people who cause friction.
- Incredible front-end development skills, with a great awareness of UX design processes
- Mid to senior expertise with HTML, CSS,
- Mid-level experience with REACT and NODE
- Working knowledge of ELECTRON, TYPESCRIPT, STORYBOOK, NWJS
- Obsessive attention to implementation detail, and a burning desire to deliver incredible user experiences
- General knowledge of design - Photoshop, layers, SVGs, etc
Nice to have (any order, one or many):
- iOS / Android app development
- Motion graphics
- Video editing
What can we offer?
- The chance to work on a rapidly growing, game-related SaaS start-up
- Be part of a tight-knit team, full of heavy hitters
- A legit reason to play games during work hours
- Free games!
- Open, transparent, collaborative working structure, with the ability to help make meaningful decisions
If that all sounds great, we'd love to hear from you. Get in touch with your CV, portfolio or code repo.