Senior Game Designer*
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
The Game Design Department is responsible for providing our users with the best game experience and further optimizing our games. Our Game Designers cooperate with various internal stakeholders to deliver the best user experience and following each game’s creative vision.
As Senior Game Designer*, you will be responsible for driving the game improvements and monetization, by creating concepts and plans for game features and sales. Furthermore, you manage and guide the interns in the team. Due to your experience and expertise you will be available to the Game Design Team as a mentor.
Please submit your application in English
- You work with other leaders to develop and improve our teamwork, best practices, tools and processes
- You are constantly developing the design, sales and monetization strategies
- You evaluate market trends, competition and gather relevant KPIs and use that information to improve our games
- You manage all stages of a game’s life cycle and support the game teams in their efforts to meet the needs of our customers
- You support important internal stakeholders with strategy, identification, decision planning, acquisition, development and launch of new products
- You have experience in both game design and team leadership – especially in the gaming industry with PC client and/or console games
- You have an excellent grasp on products needs throughout their life cycle
- You understand design processes and are able to broaden the team’s design know-how
- You have experience in coaching employees on different levels of development
- You live for online games and know the ins and outs of free-to-play
- You know how to promote an effective feedback culture within your team
- You manage several complex projects in parallel, even under extreme time pressure
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- We support your personal and professional development! Language courses, teambuilding activities, seminars and more
- Need a break from work? No problem! Play a round of table tennis or pinball in our games room, or take a walk around the leafy technology park
- Enthusiasm is in our DNA! Each and every one of us shares a passion for play
Founded in 2002, Gameforge is a leading publisher and operator of highly acclaimed Massively
Multiplayer Online (MMO) and browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds active, enduring global communities while supporting players through the highest quality LiveOps, localized community management, and impactful delivery of fresh content.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles AION, TERA, Kingdom Under Fire 2, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword, NosTale, and SoulWorker, along with strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ultimate Pirates.
More information is available on our website.
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.