Linux System Administrator
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany. Are you interested in running games and services in data centers and cloud environments all around the world? As part of a dynamic and motivated team, you work on varied and challenging projects, like the operation of existing games as well as the integration of new games into our existing infrastructure.
- You are responsible for the extensive server infrastructure of our browser- and client-based online games
- You exchange technical requirements with external development studios
- You drive the continuous development of existing automation systems
- You advise our internal product teams as technical contact person
- You support internal and external developers in migrating services to our Kubernetes infrastructure
- You develop new concepts and evaluate the use of new tools to keep us technologically up-to-date
- You have very good knowledge and experience in the administration of Linux-based server systems
- You are fluent in at least one scripting language (e.g. Perl, Bash, Python) and ideally have experience with Ansible
- You have a firm grasp of what the concepts cluster, web server, kubernetes, HA, databases, firewalls and containers mean and know how to best use them.
- You like working in a team and want to bring you and your abilities to the fore
- You know how to handle complex tasks without losing your cool
- You look at the bigger picture, questioning existing methods and analysing potential risks
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- We support your personal and professional development! Language courses, teambuilding activities, seminars and more
- We’re easy to reach! Great location, easily reachable on foot, by bike, bus, tram or car
- We put our complete trust in you! Through freedom to choose things like flexible assignment of working hours and personal responsibility for your own work
Founded in 2002, Gameforge is a leading publisher and operator of highly acclaimed Massively
Multiplayer Online (MMO) and browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds active, enduring global communities while supporting players through the highest quality LiveOps, localized community management, and impactful delivery of fresh content.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles AION, TERA, Kingdom Under Fire 2, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword, NosTale, and SoulWorker, along with strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ultimate Pirates.