Lead Game Design
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
The Game Design department is responsible for providing our users with the best game experience and further optimizing our games.
This position requires a high degree of organization, creativity and excellent communication. As Lead* Game Design you communicate with a wide variety of departments. Together with your team, you contribute to providing our customers with one of the best experiences in game services.
Please send us your application in English.
- You encourage, mentor and facilitate career development for the Game Designers
- You organize the day-to-day work of our Game Design team
- You collaborate with fellow leaders to develop and improve our teamwork, best practices, tools and processes
- You will support important internal stakeholders with strategy, identification, decision planning, acquisition, development and launch of new products
- You will evangelize the strategic vision and needs of Gameforge with external business partners, in recruitment activities and at trade shows & press events
- You have both game design and leadership experience – especially in the gaming industry with PC client and/or console games
- You understand design processes and are able to broaden the team’s design know-how
- You have an excellent grasp on products needs throughout their life cycle
- You can create and implement Employee feedback and goals
- You have a flair for communication appropriate for the target group and promote an open exchange within your team
- You promote a cooperative working style within your team in order to achieve common goals
- You manage several complex projects in parallel, even under extreme time pressure
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- We support your personal and professional development! Language courses, teambuilding activities, seminars and more
- Need a break from work? No problem! Play a round of table tennis or pinball in our games room, or take a walk around the leafy technology park
- Enthusiasm is in our DNA! Each and every one of us shares a passion for play
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries. The portfolio encompasses numerous well-known game industry brands, including prized role-playing games Runes of Magic, AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe’s most successful MMO, Metin2. The action anime MMORPG SoulWorker adds to the wide-ranging collection, while popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering.