Follow-ups will be sent the week of 6/14.
About GameChanger Charity
GameChanger Charity is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that built a patented, cloud-based platform to improve the lives of isolated, hospitalized children. The platform, also called GameChanger, offers live streaming, games, creative and educational content that helps distract children during times of pain and confinement. Founded in 2007, GameChanger works with world-leading gaming and tech companies and has donated more than $26 million in gaming equipment, technology and support to hospitals, patients, and families with the goal to improve outcomes for sick children.
We're looking for a Marketing Specialist who is embedded in the gaming and livestreaming world. We hope to find someone who is aligned with our values and mission of helping sick kids in isolation. We've got lots of great stories to tell and we need your help!
As the Marketing Specialist, you will assist our team by providing support on marketing campaigns and events, help manage communications with our partners and community, and fill in gaps in our marketing team as needed.
Remote - Anywhere in the US, however, the team is located in Pacific Time.
Estimated Weekly Hours
10 to 15 hours a week
- Assist with creating, scheduling, and publishing engaging content for all social media channels
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to create content to drive more interactions, followers, engagements, and opportunities to our campaigns and websites.
- Manage social media and communication channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Newsletter)
- Help develop new ways to interact and engage with communities, donors, and viewers
- Assisting with writing/editing various copy for Marketing initiatives (ie: ad copy, blog posts, etc)
- Provide marketing insight and perspective that is unique, endemic, and/or niche to gaming and live-streaming content and communities on various projects
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience managing social media channels
- Passion to help others and spread goodwill
- Love of gaming
- Knowledgeable about livestream events in the gaming world
- Strategic and Excellent communicator
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Understanding of the live stream and/or live stream fundraising industry and platforms including Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and TikTok.
- Proficiency in basic business programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive, Monday, or other program management/CRM tools
- Proficient in using social media tools and platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, MailChimp, etc
- Comfortable in a 100% remote setting and equipped to do video-calling (computer and microphone)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in non-profit, fundraising, and/or live-streaming sector
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in a marketing position