We are looking for a Finance Manager who is excited at the thought of taking ownership of all things finance at Game Hive. You: have strong business acumen, a drive to succeed, and a desire to lead at an innovative industry. You: are a stickler for details and understand the power of numbers and spreadsheets. You: are ready for your next adventure into the world of gaming.
What you'll be doing
The Finance Manager is responsible for maintaining and updating financial records, while supporting key stakeholders with insights and informed guidance for strategic business decisions. The successful candidate will be:
- Monitoring the financial performance of the company and identify areas of potential improvement
- Participating in the development of and support Game Hive’s strategic plans
- Presenting financial knowledge and insights in creative, tangible and clear ways for specific audiences
- Preparing and updating financial statements (P&L; Balance Sheet; Cash Flow)
- Reviewing financial data and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Full-cycle bookkeeping including AP, AC and bank reconciliation
- Leveraging and preparing tax credit and grant opportunities
- Reviewing and validating invoicing, collections, payments, contracts and HR changes
- Running payroll and processing payments
- Performing day-to-day financial operations
- Staying up-to-date with technology and accounting software related to the field
Max Level Skills
You are a team player with a highly positive attitude. Technology is part of your passions, and numbers are your game.
- Degree or designation in business, finance, or account (BBA, BComm, MBA, CPA, CDA etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an accounting or financial management role
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, topped off with attention to detail
- Proven experience in resolving complex technical accounting, tax, and legal issues
- Excellent knowledge of bookkeeping and financial processes (data integrity, reporting, year-end etc.)
- Wizardry in Excel as well as with mainstream accounting software
- Ability to be an effective communicator by presenting, explaining and simplifying technical concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Proactivity and willingness to learn new technologies for furthering business operations
- A love for games, of course!
Good to have, but not required.
- Experience working in technology industry and/or mid-size business
- Experience with OIDMTC and SR&ED is a great asset
- Desire to be make an impact and be a leader in this next opportunity
- Readiness to grow in a passionate environment
Game Hive is building a new generation of casual mobile games. A people-and-fun-oriented studio, we are dedicated to creating games that tap into the interests of anyone and everyone! At Game Hive, we look towards innovation, invention and all-around epic-ness in not only our games, but also the people behind them. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, alongside a veteran team, working on some of the most popular titles in the mobile space.
- Continuously build games that you make a serious impact in!
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- A learning fund for your professional development
- A fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment
- Regular paid team lunches, events, and other fun outings (even while we’re remote ;) )
- Great central office location with all the snacks and drinks you can consume