Lead Software Engineer
We are searching for our next Lead Software Engineer!
We believe in giving our best, being passionate and self driven, to be team players and always think of our users and clients. We push the limits because we believe we can deliver the highest quality in the best work environment.
Our new Lead Software Engineer will be a key member of our development team, taking part of a multidisciplinary group of professionals, working towards the creation of several of our new video games. From casual games for mobile devices, including Holly's Home Design, to the creation of PC/Console videogames for relevant world known brands.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Manage and follow the tasks being done by the Engineer teams.
- Ensure the quality of work being delivered by the Engineer team in regards to the software development of the projects under your care.
- Implement the functionalities required of you by the project manager in accordance to each project requirement.
- Coordinate the efforts required to guarantee that tasks related to project objectives are completed. Additionally lead work meetings, gathering and updating the information relevant to project documentation, developing action plans for each member of the Engineer team as well as teach better work habits, soft and hard skills among others.
- Evaluate the performance, abilities and skills of the Engineer team on a regular basis and report these results to management.
- Evaluate and asses the effort required to implement the functionalities or features relevant to each project.
- Promote the constant exchange of knowledge and collaboration not only among the Engineer team but also the company as a whole. This with the intent of creating greater product value for our teams and our projects.
- Help improve development techniques and habits at a company level offering new and better solutions to the development and production process whenever possible. Furthermore the Lead Engineer should promote new and better pipelines and work processes especially in his/her area of expertise.
- Ability to have a high level view of a project, but also motivated to help the team with your own hands.
- 8+ years of experience in programming/engineering development.
- Credited as Lead Programmer or equivalent on at least 2 published titles or mobile apps.
- Experience leading a team of engineers in Pre-production as well as Production and Live-Ops development cycles.
- Experience designing and implementing tools or pipelines from the ground up.
- Experience with Unity technology ideally on mobile but also console.
- Experience using toolchains, build systems, development tools and platform APIs, as well as the broader Android or iOS platform ecosystem.
- Experience writing systems balancing performance and maintainability.
- Ability to understand project requirements and translate those into technical terms and pipelines capable of achieving goals.
- Outstanding knowledge of performance/memory constraints of game software.
- Understanding of the challenges associated with cross-platform development.
- Proven leadership abilities; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game.
- Ability to create, document, and maintain TDDs and programming schedules.
- Experience and credited with pc and console videogame development.
- Experience with Scrum and Kanban production methods.
- Experience with project management tools like Jira, Hansoft and others.
As Gamager, you'll enjoy the following benefits:
- Health and eyesight insurance.
- Gym Membership bonus.
- Healthy lunch everyday in our cafeteria.
- Yearly administrative days.
- Additional vacation days provided by company.
- Performance bonuses.
- Balanced worklife, with healthy work hours benefits.