Senior UX Designer
Future Games of London is a Ubisoft studio that designs, develops and operates free-to-play mobile and digital console games. Founded in September 2009, FGOL create original and unique games such as the Hungry Shark series which has been enjoyed by over half a billion people worldwide.
We are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a forward thinking studio in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
Over the next 5 years, we expect to be typically developing two to three projects in parallel, with regularly scheduled new releases added to our catalogue.
- Create mockups and wireframes and form them into interactive prototypes using relevant tools.
- Create user flow charts to maximize navigation efficiency.
- Work with game designers and UI artists to translate game system requirements into seamless experiences.
- Collaborate on documentation to keep content user-friendly and digestible to all players.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders on marketability, user research and player personas, particularly in data analysis and marketing.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to understand the player journey and provide and validate solutions.
- Advocate for UX as a discipline at every stage of game development.
- Respond to feedback and iterate where necessary.
- Strong portfolio of previous UX work, including process.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in wireframing.
- Proven experience in UX design for games, particularly mobile and free-to-play.
- Proficiency in an interactive prototyping software (eg. Adobe XD, Proto.io, InVision etc).
- Proficiency in Adobe packages (Photoshop, Illustrator etc).
- Clear communication and critical thinking skills.
- An understanding of current mobile game trends.
Nice To Have
- Credited game design experience.
- Knowledge of/training in art.
- Experience with Unity UI and knowledge of technical restrictions and implementation processes.
- Skills in animation and/or special effects.
- Scripting knowledge.
- Flexible office working hours
- 25 days of annual leave + 8 UK Bank holiday + Christmas company day(s) off
- 1 day off if you get married (Wedding Day)
- Sick pay
- Fresh fruit selection delivered 3 times a week, Free monthly breakfasts, Team Lunches
- Beer fridge & Selected wines + other beverages
- Weekly Football, Pool table, ping pong tournaments, poker nights, Office events, social gatherings, Fun Games room
- Birthday Cakes/Cards
- Summer & Christmas parties, Roof terrace area
- Training Budgets
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare, Reduced gym membership, life insurance, critical illness & Disability cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan (for tube/rail costs), Annual mobile phone/tablet allowance
- Profitability bonus
- Recruitment Referral Fee awards
- Plus much more!