Senior Game Data Analyst
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK.As part of Funcom's ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Engineering team in Oslo, Norway needs a Senior Game Data Analyst to helpbuild and develop data analytics processes in our dev teams.
Your Mission in Funcom
At Funcom, we are continuously looking to improve our games and the content we provide to our players. As part of that improvement, we are looking to build a Data Analytics team for Conan Exiles and future Funcom games!
As a Senior Game Data Analyst in Funcom, together with the Lead Game Data Analyst, you will be the cornerstone to building and developing data analytics processes in our dev teams. You will be trusted to gather, analyze and communicate information that can help dev teams and senior management make informed decisions about the projects.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work with the Lead Game Data Analyst, development, marketing, operation and finance departments to build game data model and analytical framework
- Help mentor junior analysts on the team
- Have an active role in the awareness and training of data and tools in Funcom
- Design and keep improving data platforms and sub-systems (data collecting, data analyzing, data service, reports generating and data visualization)
- Track KPIs on a regular basis to provide sufficient information for project decisions
- Provide specific analysis report (correlation analysis, retention analysis, user profiling, competitive analysis, corporation analysis) on demands
- Work with game designer to implement BI for game functionalities
- Design standard KPIs, provide analysis report for essential operation milestones to support operation team
We are looking for someone that has:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operational Research, Business Intelligence or any other relevant field)
- At least 5 years' working experience as game data analyst, and experience with entire game project data analyzing.
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques, languages, software and systems (R, Python, Tableau)
- Extensive knowledge in SQL (or a SQL-like language) required.
- Proficiency at modelling data for analysis then creating visualisations
- Expertise at providing data-backed insight to game developers
- Preferably experience working with senior members of a team including Creative & Studio Directors
- Passion for persistent online games
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow
Scandinavian work values
For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common - their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply.
Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
- Temporarily remote