Product Manager, Video Games
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 different studios (Norway, US, and Portugal). As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions, among those a Product Manager.
Your Mission in Funcom
Funcom is looking for a Product Manager that will take a leading role in ensuring the continued commercial success of one or more of our titles. You will work closely within the Marketing Department from Oslo, Norway. Permanent location for this role is ideally Oslo, but other Funcom studios or remote work can be considered.
As Product Manager, you will take a leading role in ensuring the continued commercial success of our games. You will live and breathe these titles and will be the flag bearer exploring and capitalizing on opportunities to grow the player base, maximize revenue, and deliver on commercial objectives. You will work with experts across multi-functional sales, marketing, and creative teams to develop strategies and execute on plans. You will explore strategic partnerships and work with business development for our titles, finding opportunities where others cannot. You are KPI-driven but also possess the creative flair needed to market games.
The Product manager if a self-starter, tenacious, and able to argue convictions
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Take a leading role in ensuring commercial success for one or more titles
- Work with cross-functional sales, marketing, creative, and production teams to establish and execute strategies, go-to-market plans, and campaigns
- Conduct research and analyze data to better understand the game, the genre, and the marketplace, to make educated commercial decisions
- Analyze player behavior to uncover needs and desires we should accommodate, that can help improve the commercial performance of the titles
- Work with management and marketing leads to establish commercial goals for the game, as well as forecasts and marketing budget
- Track and analyze KPIs, deliver reports to management, and suggestions for next steps
- Actively pursue and develop commercial opportunities, and engage with externals on potential strategic partnerships for the game
- Work closely with brand and IP management to capitalize opportunities for the game
- Work closely with production management, representing the sales, marketing, and commercial perspective in discussions that informs the development of the game
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role in the gaming industry
- Very strong understanding of open world multiplayer survival games
- Strong understanding of business models within the gaming industry
- Good understanding of game design, metrics, and monetization
- The ability to build a business case, present compelling arguments, and ground recommendations and decisions in data and insight
- Passion for video games and the gaming industry
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Both excellent proactive and reactive communication skills, with a strong ability to present insight and strategies to argue for your decisions and recommendations
- The ability to work strategically, and the passion to execute
- The ability to combine creative thought with a data-driven approach
- The ability to travel
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. Our headquarters in Oslo, Norway has a strong international work culture, and is located in one of the happiest countries in the world! For more about our studio locations, visit Life at Funcom
For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality. We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.