(Closed) Media Specialist, Video Games
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 different studios (Norway, US, and Portugal). As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions, among those a Media Specialist.
Your Mission in Funcom
Funcom is looking for a Media Specialist to help our team turn purchase intent into action, maximize revenue, and create new commercial opportunities. This role would report to the Sales Director and will work closely with the rest of the marketing department and the Sales & Distribution team located in Oslo, Norway. Permanent location for this role is ideally in Oslo but other Funcom studios or remote work can be considered.
The Media Specialist will be responsible for all media buy activity, planning and executing what we do internally and coordinating with external service providers. An important part of this role will be interfacing with the Creative Services team to ensure optimal assets are used in advertisement. In this role, you will use your insight into what works and what does not across the various platforms, channels, and consumer groups to optimize campaigns. A key part of your work is both to work with a wide range of media from influencer sponsorships, video and display ads, content marketing to social media ads and physical media but also to analyze the performance, figuring out what works and what does not, turning the dials, and optimizing the spend.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Develop and execute awareness and performance media campaigns, throughout the full life cycle of a product, from pre-launch and beyond
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure marketing plans and activities are supported with media; helping to strengthen these activities and optimizing their performance
- Manage the media buy budget, ensuring optimal return on investment
- Work with the Creative Services team to ensure media campaigns are supported with the right assets, taking into account format, audience, data, insight, and past performance
- Use data analytics to optimize campaigns, turning the dials and optimizing the spend
- Keep other teams and key people informed by reporting the performance of campaigns, presenting a case of higher or lower spends
- Bolster capacity by engaging and coordinating with external service providers on media buying, managing budgets, and exploring alternatives
- Work with both upcoming games and live games, working with media buying focusing on both acquiring new players as well as monetizing existing ones
- Provide recommendations and insight during go-to-market planning
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum 3 years of experience within the gaming industry
- Proven experience with media buys, successfully planning and executing campaigns, with a strong focus on optimizing performance
- A data-oriented, analytical, and solutions-oriented approach
- The ability to work strategically as well as planning campaigns with high granularity
- Proven experience with budget management, media rates, and negotiations
- A strong understanding of digital advertisement, platforms, channels, and workflow
- Strong working knowledge of relevant metrics, how to measure them, how to interpret them, and how to act on them to execute optimal advertisement campaigns
- Strong working knowledge of key advertisement platforms such as Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant channels
- Passion for the video games industry; understanding trends and what makes gamers tick will be important to understand how to advertise to them
- The desire to test, experiment, and to explore new technologies and techniques
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. Our headquarters in Oslo, Norway has a strong international work culture, and is located in one of the happiest countries in the world! For more about our studio locations, visit Life at Funcom
For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality. We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.