Marketing Production Assistant / Associate Project Manager
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Marketing department in Oslo, Norway needs a Production Assistant / Associate Project Manager to join its team.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Production Assistant / Associate Project Manager on the Marketing team in Funcom, you will be working closely with the producer, leads, and directors to “make things happen” on the Marketing team. Your main focus will be to assist the producer in making sure the work on the marketing team is running smoothly and helping the teams deliver on schedule. For this position, we seek an organized person who is also approachable, who can keep a level head in hectic situations, and who is professional and detailed-oriented.
For the right candidate, this position offers a great opportunity to progress and take on more exciting challenges within the department.
This position is located at the Funcom Oslo studio in Norway. Although we will adhere to the work-from-home situation, the successful candidate will be expected to join daily onsite studio work once the current restrictions are lifted.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Assisting the Producer and Directors with a varied range of tasks to ensure the marketing department runs smoothly and delivers on schedule
- Assisting the team on reaching internal deadlines
- Support the Producer and Directors with making plans and managing tasks in Jira
- Assist with creating and maintaining documentation of processes and workflows
- Keep the internal information portal up to date with all new relevant information
- Work with the Producer and the Directors make sure that the team can work fluently and without hassle
- Ordering and follow-up of hardware, software and licenses, as well as supporting the teams when needed
- Help onboarding new team members
- Assist the Producer and Directors during Release and Sprint planning sessions
- Assist with making sure tasks in Jira are up to date with relevant information
- Create weekly team summaries of work completed that will be shared with the full team
- Follow up and schedule deliveries from the marketing team to the localization team
- Assist the teams on various work-related tasks
We are looking for someone that has:
- An analytical and organized mind
- A positive mind set, with a focus on finding solutions and always moving forward
- A calm and deliberate approach within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, both in written and verbal form
- Good interpersonal skills, with an approachable attitude towards colleagues and other stakeholders
- A fast learner able to quickly pick up new software and tools such as Jira
- Experience with Wordpress / Confluence or similar
- Currently based in Oslo or willing to relocate once Covid situation allows for it
- Passionate about video games and interested in learning about game publishing
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Scrum Master certification
- Professional experience in games
- Knowledge of Jira or similar issue tracking tools
- Experience with Agile workflows
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration or management
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.