From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Live team for Conan Exiles in Oslo, Norway needs a Producer to coordinate, track, and guide the team’s activities and ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality.
Your Mission in Funcom
In this role, you will work with the other Producers and discipline Leads to improve and enhance the game experience for our players and determine the resources necessary to solve live issues and make quality of life improvements to the game. This involves identifying and fixing bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term, provide motivation, progress updates, and improve best practices.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work with the other Producers, QA, Support and Community teams to monitor releases, service incidents and player feedback, and coordinate priorities, tasks, resources, and dependencies, including game updates and live operations, with a focus on service availability and customer satisfaction
- Develop and track schedules, manage assets, identify weaknesses, bottlenecks and risks in the schedule, and troubleshoot communication and schedule dependency problems
- Identify and track production and organizational issues and bottlenecks to completion
- Assists in the development of assigned features and tasks from concept to release
- Provide motivation and morale support to the dev team
- Keep the team informed on development results and changes
We are looking for someone that has:
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of game development or operations experience in an internal Production role
- Experience with Games as a Service, post-launch support, and content updates
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint and proficiency with project management and version control software tools such as JIRA and Perforce
- Ability to create a culture of quality and personal accountability throughout the entire development pipeline
- Understanding of traditional and Agile project management methodologies
- Knowledge of Survival / Open World / Crafting games
- Ability to acclimate quickly to a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative environment
- Able to work with team leads and directors to align priorities
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing
- A passion for video games
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.