From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
To support the growth, our finance department is looking for a sharp-minded and analytical Financial Controller to join the team in Oslo, Norway.
Your Mission in Funcom:
You will be a key part of the finance team in Funcom and have a central role in financial reporting for the Funcom group, working closely with the Head of Group Accounting. You will:
- Be responsible for part of the closing, consolidation of monthly results and periodic reporting to Tencent
- Prepare annual group statutory accounts and take key responsibilities in the group audit
- Take on significant ad hoc project work
- Review journal entries posted by accountants, make accruals and adjustments if necessary
- Follow up P&L and tax for one or more foreign subsidiaries including following up budget
- Be a contact point for auditor on specific items
- Participate in M&A activities such as financial due diligence and integration of acquired companies.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in auditing, accounting, finance or similar
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, controlling and/or auditing
- Advanced excel skills and strong interest for excel analysis. Experience with BI tools is an advantage
- Structured and analytical problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, e.g., ability to secure correct reports and analysis
- Ability to proactively start new initiatives and follow through to completion
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Norwegian an advantage
- Experience with Xledger is an advantage, but not required
- Experience with IFRS and Norwegian GAAP is an advantage
- Experience with salary and remote workers would be an advantage but not required
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés. Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.