From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 different studios (Norway, US, and Portugal). As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions, among those a Copywriter.
Your Mission in Funcom:
Funcom is looking for a Copywriter to join the creative services team’s mission of delivering creative assets and copy on all marketing projects. This role would report to the Art Director and will work closely with the creative services team based in Oslo, Norway. Permanent location for this role is ideally in Oslo, but other Funcom studios or remote work can be considered.
The Copywriter is a master wordsmith and could write this job description better than any of us. You will be the person everyone on the Marketing team, the Sales & Distribution team, and the Community Engagement team turns to when they need copy to support communication, marketing activities, sales, advertisement, and everything else that requires expertly written text.
You will understand Funcom titles inside & out and can communicate them in a clear and interesting way. You will work with both developers and marketeers to capture the essence of games and their components, in a way that excites the audience.
The Copywriter can write long, interesting blog posts, but can also explain exactly why someone should buy a game in a four-word ad.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Your word will represent our games and convince players to buy our games, creating anything from video text boards to store texts, announcements, newsletters, and short ad copy
- Working closely with cross-functional marketing teams, you will get to work on many aspects of bringing a game to market and keeping our audience informed
- Spearheading new, creative ideas that will inform how we position and talk about our games
- Ensure messaging is consistent across platforms, channels, brands, and games
- Work closely with the developers to understand how to communicate our games, creating key messaging that will position them with our audience
- Collaborate with the rest of the Creative Services team on creative assets such as videos and marketing art with copy that supports the assets and the game’s tone of voice
- Establish best practices, tone of voice, and guidelines for messaging across games
We are looking for someone that has:
- Proven experience with writing, editorial, content marketing, or journalism
- A high work capacity, being able to perfectly balance speed, accuracy, and quality
- The ability to be deadline-driven, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Not afraid to ask questions, to research, and to proactively find information to inform copy
- Understands how to communicate with different audiences, tailoring messaging to the recipient, the channel, and the platform
- The ability to understand the nuances of a brand’s tone of voice
- Strong knowledge of English grammar and usage, requiring no proofreading by others
- Passion for the video games; you understand games, how they work, what excites people about them, and you are able to communicate that with inspiration and clarity
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. Our headquarters in Oslo, Norway has a strong international work culture, and is located in one of the happiest countries in the world! For more about our studio locations, visit Life at Funcom
For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality. We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.