Locations: Oslo, Norway. Lisbon, Portugal. Stockholm, Sweden.
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
As a Content Designer, you will help shape the content of the Dune universe and create bespoke experiences for our players. You will be responsible for the content in various areas of the game – both creating new content and supporting existing gameplay features with content. As a Content Designer, you will have the opportunity to captivate players by creating memorable experiences in a world-famous IP.
Your Mission in Funcom
We expect you to have experience with planning and implementing one or more of the following: game pacing, campaigns, tutorials, scenarios, quests, narratives, characters, items, and more. You work closely with level designers and the narrative team to ensure that the content of the world is true to the IP while delivering a satisfying game experience. You are excited to create content that supports the core fantasies of Dune while introducing new players to the mysteries of the universe.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Create content for the Dune universe using our in-house tools
- Expand the game world following the Creative Direction and Content Bible
- Create quality goals, workflows and guides for all game relevant content elements
- Collaborate and build relationships with other professions.
- Work with level designers, artists, and the narrative team to create and implement content including scenarios, tutorials, quests, spaces, and more, while accommodating each player's unique and non-linear path
- Use metrics to improve content and monitor elements such as game pacing, difficulty curves, game flow, player progression, narrative aspects, etc.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in survival games
- Enjoys playing survival genre games
- Familiarity with Dune and the Dune IP
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.