From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has uniquely set us up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
Now, Funcom is working on pre-production of a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment and we are looking for an Associate Producer to join our team in Oslo, Norway.
In this role, you will coordinate, track, and guide the team’s activities and ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. For this position, we are looking for both a leader as well as a team player; someone that is self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage large complex organizational and executional issues.
You will work with the producers and discipline Leads to enforce the overall vision for the direction and quality of the game/project and determine the resources necessary to complete projects. This involves identifying and fixing bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term, provide motivation, progress updates, ensure good communication and improve best practices. You will act as a coach and work in collaboration with the other teams to support them and ensure that they are continuously improving.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2-5 years of game development experience with a background in art/design/code before switching to an internal development Production role
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Understanding of traditional and Agile project management methodologies and knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA
- Knowledge of risk management and prioritization of features based on their cost and risk versus their value to the project
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing
- A calm and deliberate approach within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good people skills, and approachable attitude towards colleagues and other stakeholders
- A passion for video games
In addition, the perfect candidate has one or more of these:
- Experience managing external developers/resources
- Experience working with larger projects across multiple time zones
- Deep knowledge about game development processes
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates
- Scrum Master certification
- Knowledge of version control software such as Perforce
- Experience with playing and understanding multiple Survival / Open World / Crafting games
- Ability to create a culture of quality and personal accountability throughout the development pipeline
- Credited on at least 1 shipped AA+ multi-platform title in a management position
About the Company
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from close to 30 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!