Technical Art Director - Image Quality - SKATE
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Technical Art Director- Image Quality – SKATE
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
- You will research and guide the exploration of potential methodologies and solutions to achieve the visual goals of the project.
- Work with Rendering Engineers, Technical Artists, and Content Creators on exploring and prototyping solutions in the areas of lighting, shaders and materials, post processing, and visual effects to meet product and art direction goals.
- Assess and implement shaders and material pipelines to cover the needs of the content teams.
- You will work with our team's Technical Artists, Content Creators, and Rendering and Tools Engineers to create best practices, guidelines, and solutions for achieving visual targets while meeting performance and budget requirements.
- Drive inclusion of new rendering and visual features, pipelines, tools & workflows in engine roadmaps, product tech art roadmaps, and content team workflow roadmaps.
- Drive selection of off-the-shelf software and hardware solutions to support the game’s visual and content strategy goals.
- You stay current with, and exhibit a high degree of technical knowledge about current state-of-the-industry rendering and lighting techniques, content workflows, tools and pipelines.
- Educate and articulate concepts relating to image quality to the game team through presentations; Audiences for which will include members of other disciplines and domains such as Art Direction, Content Creators, Engineering, Operations, and Production.
- Attend planning and team meetings; Build user stories and produce time estimates for project planning.
- You will report to the Franchise Technical Art Director on the project.
- 5+ Years Experience as a Technical Artist working on Image Quality, Shaders & Materials, Lighting, Post FX, Rendering, Performance, and Pipelines.
- Experience in guiding and leading other TAs on at least 1-2 shipped console/PC titles.
- Deep understanding of Shaders, Lighting, and Rendering systems.
- Working with Content Creators, Technical Artists, and Rendering Engineers to build visual targets.
- Defining and building the shader architecture and material libraries for the product and establishing efficient and versatile workflows to achieve visual quality for content creators.
- Working with external partners, teams, engine developers to co-develop tools and technology.
- Understanding of a wide range of real-time game content and the requirements for these to be efficient and high- quality (i.e. make sure the output of tools is usable for games).
- Proficient in shader authoring and languages such as HLSL.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, MEL, VEX, C#, C++ desired.
- Some experience in sculpting, modeling, rigging and animation and understanding of the related workflows
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.