Systems Engineer - Skate
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to bring an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Vancouver is our preferred location, but open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
Do you get excited about data-oriented design? Does instrumenting and optimization memory allocators sound like a fun time? Are you eager to multi-thread your code? If so, then you should come join us as a Systems Engineer at Full Circle working on the future of Skate.
- Design, architects and documents technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development – frame-rate, load-times, run-time memory usage, disk space usage, engine integrations.
- Work with other domain owners to integrate and develop essential technologies and improve memory usage, performance and stability.
- Analyze the impact to the above-mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
- Provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement & optimizations.
- You are involved in architectural design and implementation of technology and foundation layers – memory, performance, CPU/GPU, stability, I/O, profiling and optimization, on multiple platforms (PlayStation, XBOX, PC, Switch), working with designers, artists and other engineers to build experiences for a worldwide audience.
- You will report to the systems team lead and work with your peers to develop Skate’s foundation layer.
- 2+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
- Understanding of memory management, multi-threading, and run-time optimization.
- Knowledge of C#, scripting languages such as Python or Lua,, or assembly is a plus.
- Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy.
- Knowledge of Xbox or Playstation development is a plus.
- Experience with profiling tools is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.