Senior Rendering Software Engineer - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Senior Rendering Engineer
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to provide an experience to embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
We are looking for an experienced and experienced Rendering Software Engineer to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development working on GPU architecture, deferred lighting, global illumination, shadows, and anti-aliasing. You will report to the project technical director and work with content creators to implement features, tools, and debugging workflows.
- You will work with Artists to collaborate on bringing the vision of the Art Director to life.
- Work with a Lead Rendering SE to create rendering technologies.
- Optimize GPU performance on consoles and PC.
- You will support Artists & Technical Artists using tools and workflows with debugging tools, documentation & usability.
Required Technical Experience
- 5+ years of experience working on AAA products in a related role with multiple shipped titles.
- Experience with current consoles - PS4, Xbox One and PC with other platform experience a bonus.
- Proficient in modern rendering techniques such as Photogrammetry, PBR, Compute Shaders.
- Experience with a large data-driven engine, such as a commercial engine or a large internal one.
- Expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Mathematics skills especially with Linear Algebra & Calculus.
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles.
- Work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
- Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug.
- In-depth understanding of performance bottlenecks of rendering features.
- Experience with a variety of performance analysis tools such as PIX, and GPAD
- Experience working with off-site developed technology and driving collaboration process.
- Experience with C# for tool development.
- Experience working with Technical Artists as partners in feature production.
- Team-first mentality.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.