Senior Experience Designer - UX - SKATE
Requisition Number: 163923
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
Full Circle is seeking a Senior Experience Designer - UX to join the Skate Team
- Building highly collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, a cross disciplinary team, and partner groups to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions to meet player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Distilling user research, competitive analysis and feedback into user centered and actionable design goals.
- Framing and solving hard problems informed by data (quantitative and qualitative.)
- Using words, visual representations, physical objects, space, motion, and interaction behavior to define how to use a product and achieve objectives in an effective and emotionally resonant manner.
- Prototyping representative models of a product or feature to facilitate testing to get user feedback, assist with development decisions and mitigate risk. These range from paper or click-throughs to higher fidelity prototypes.
- Applying and establishing a set of design standards, documentation, and principles that are used alongside a design system of design interactions, patterns and scalable components to build a consistent product.
- Applying psychological principles, ergonomics, and cognitive science to design holistic experiences for various abilities, motivations and needs.
- Organizing, labelling and structuring content in way that is understandable for users/players to allow them to find and move through information and complete tasks
- Helping teams empathize with users and relatedly championing for usability and accessibility
- 6+ years of experience as a UX designer, experience designer, product designer, or interaction designer.
- Experience designing intuitive consumer facing content creation tools for a variety of devices and/or platforms
- Having a broad UX design toolkit for various stages of development (journey mapping, empathy maps, archetypes, user scenarios, site maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes etc…)
- Ability to present and rationalize UX design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences using these opportunities to advocate for players, share knowledge and demonstrate design thinking in action.
- Bonus points if your visual design skills are pretty solid, too
- Passion for games with a solid grasp of market trends
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.