Meta Gameplay Software Engineer - SKATE
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Full Circle is seeking a Gameplay Systems Engineer to join the Skate Team
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
- Collaborate with designers and artists to prototype, iterate on and polish new game mechanics.
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features.
- Architect and document gameplay systems.
- Work with the central Frostbite engine team to develop systems that can be shared across games.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Someone with a passion for creating games.
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines.
- Experience with C++ and object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Experience debugging runtime systems.
- Understand performance implications of Gameplay systems & algorithms.
Nice To Have
- Knowledge of multiplayer game development
- Experience with AI, physics, animation, input, cameras and/or other common gameplay systems.
- Familiar with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio.
- Familiar with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages. (C#, Java)
- Knowledge in a second field, such as physics or mathematics.