(Closed) Gameplay Physics Engineer - SKATE
Requisition Number: 163920
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
Full Circle is looking for a Gameplay Physics Software Engineer to join the Skate Team
- Extend and maintain Skate’s custom gameplay physics system.
- Work with our gameplay designers and animators to prototype and refine Skate’s gameplay features.
- Work with internal Physics team to meet Skate’s physics needs.
- Ensure our runtime physics update meets performance budgets for all target platforms.
- Support our environment artists in building Skate’s worlds.
- Report to our Lead Gameplay Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in game development.
- 3+ years of experience with runtime physics simulations.
- Experience with 3d math and physics.
- Passion for making and playing games
- Familiarity with Skateboarding.
- Experience working with central teams.
- Degrees in Physics or Mathematics.
- Knowledge of any other programming language.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.