Experience Designer - Technical - SKATE
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Full Circle is seeking an Experience Designer - Technical to join the Skate Team
- Being an effective liaison between designers and engineers and will be working with them to set requirements for content editing and event scripting tools
- Breaking-down features into defined structures, components, and processes that meet the technical, aesthetic, and functional requirements of the game’s vision
- Implementing UI animation and motion of prepared screen assets to support interaction and motion guidelines
- Prototyping in code with debug data to simulate game elements that can be user tested and profiled for performance
- Delivering final game ready components that are documented and ready to hand off to engineering
- Using both proprietary software and third party tech to implement the visual design of the UI + HUD within the game.
- Collaborating with teams to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to deliver a best-in-class experience, from concept to ship.
- Collaborating with engineers to define technical and data requirements.
- Proving out and championing best practices for UI architecture with a goal of organization reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product.
- Shipped multiple product releases as a technical designer, scripter or similar role
- Working with highly collaborative cross disciplinary teams
- Ability to deliver cleanly implemented content with designer tools and scripting language
- Ability to define and maintain production pipeline, process, and workflow
- Ability to track down problems in current systems, predicting problems in developing systems, producing test cases, and implementing fixes in systems and tools
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages: one of C/C++/C#/Java to a reasonable knowledge required
- A relentless desire for solving design problems and sharing your knowledge
- Technical Degree (CS, IT, SE, CE, or equivalent work experience) is a plus
- Passion for games with a solid grasp of market trends
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.