Director, Experience Design - SKATE
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
Experience Design Director
Full Circle is looking for a Experience Design Director to join the Skate Team.
- Build highly collaborative relationships with a cross disciplinary team, and partner groups to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions to meet player and business goals.
- Connect a deep understanding of players to the product to develop a holistic view, drive design strategy and identify key areas for meaningfully impact on the player experience.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to set design priorities and work with designers to find balanced solutions that meet product goals.
- Drive UX and UI guidelines, user centered design principles and methodologies
- Contribute to defining KPI’s and measuring performance data and effectiveness of design solutions.
- Partner with research and identifies research studies that spans across the entire product.
- Contribute to design efforts on both a strategic and tactical level
- Building an Experience design team and fostering a high functioning positive design culture
- Mentoring experience designers
- +5 years leading design teams
- Advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, interface designer, product designer or similar role
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, design thinking, as well as strong knowledge of UX principles and methodologies.
- Understanding of user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative.)
- A portfolio of shipped products from ideation to release
- Efficient and effective at presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and evangelize.
- Ability to work and teach across multiple cross-functional product teams, moving effortlessly between smallest details and highest level strategy.
- Passion for games