User Interface Designer - Games
FRVR is looking for a talented UI/graphical artist to work on the game “Worlds FRVR”.
Within this role you will be a part of a small dedicated team where you together with the game designer will be responsible for all design and graphical tasks related to the creation, live ops and operations of Worlds FRVR and its integration into Facebook. The Worlds team is to a large extent self-organizing with everyone having a big impact on the direction of the game.
In this role, you will work on:
- Create a consistent and all-encompassing art direction and visual expression for the game.
- Develop user interface including all aspects incl. sharpening the existing.
- Develop UI from concept to assets creation. The game is 3D and uses low to medium
- Voxel resolution for the game itself and all assets.
- Develop voxel art: such as characters, items such as beds, boxes etc., Mobs (future), factories, plants
- Create texture work – i.e. The world itself, and potentially other game modes texture packs.
- Create animations for characters and mobs.
- Create Particle effects
- Promotional Videos
- Store Assets
- Season assets
If you are the right person for the job, you:
- are positive, critical, systematic and super creative.
- Thrive in a self-motivating self-driving team and have a good grasp of what makes games fun.
- Have a love for more casual world builder games such as Stardew Valley is a plus
- Generally, have love to have fun and a passion for playing all types of games.
- Are very good at collaborating with both highly technically skilled workers,
- marketers as well as other creatives.
Ideally, your background should include:
- A degree within industrial or graphic design;
- 5-6 years experience within UI development and graphics for games.
- Experience with game design: Commercial / Monetisation / Value design
- Community - Development team hangs out on Discord with the games
In this role, you can either work from our office in Lisbon (January 2022) or remotely in an European timezone.