Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As a Senior Engineering Manager (or Engineering Manager), you will be a leader in the Animation and Cinematics team, reporting to the Director of Engineering of the Product Area. You will work with other Frostbite leaders in solving challenges across teams. You will help coach engineers on the team. You will be part of a team that is passionate about Animation and Cinematics and help push our technologies forward while having fun. Our team oversees the development of the platform that animation technologies in EA are built upon.
- Ensure product quality by coordinating engineers, QA and technical artists to ensure a solid testing strategy is in place
- Help determine software development best practices
- Directly oversee the career development of engineers on the team
- Help recruit and grow the team
- Work with the Technical Director and Product Manager to ensure production work has a well-defined design and that any local and global architecture effects are understood
- Work with the Program Managers to help build solid plans and track the progress of commitments
- Work with important partners in Frostbite to promote changes across the organization
- 3+ years experience in a similar role managing people and teams
- 5+ years experience developing quality software
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
- Experience in C# or C++ tools development
- Experience with complex codebase
- Knowledge or experience in game engine development
- Passion for video games
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.