Web Designer - 12 month FTC
Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
To support our growing portfolio of upcoming projects, Frontier are looking for a Web Designer to join our creative services team for a fixed-term of 12 months, with the possibility of a 6-month extension depending on project demand.
The role concentrates on creating designs and some implementation for product websites for games published by Frontier, and other web applications to support our company's operations.
- Working with the Design Lead to create designs for our portfolio of websites and internal applications
- Producing and reviewing HTML/CSS implementation of designs during project development
- Working with the Web Publishing and Online Services teams to devise fresh approaches to UX and UI
- Work collaboratively with the Publishing team and other stakeholders to analyse requirements and deliver high quality, implementable website designs to deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Excellent attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven track record of delivering high quality web design projects
- Experience working with the Adobe CS suite, primarily Photoshop and XD
- An understanding of sematic HTML
- A good knowledge of SASS (or LESS) and modern CSS structure
- Good documentation skills
- Previous web design work for marketing entertainment products
- A fuller knowledge of the Adobe CC suite - After Effects / etc.
- Experience using version control software such as Git or SVN
- Experience theming 3rd party applications, such as forums, e-commerce, etc.
You will be joining a friendly team at an exciting time, therefore an easy going, responsive nature is essential, as is the ability to work under pressure and maintain excellent communication at all times.
Please provide a link to your portfolio with examples of work you feel best exemplifies your design approach, plus your CV.
What we can offer you:
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 500+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, childcare vouchers, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.