Temporary Functionality QA Tester
Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
Frontier focuses on high quality internal QA testing for all our games. Testers have a fundamental role in our development process and will work closely with art, design and programming colleagues on each project.
We are seeking a number of technically minded communicators who are looking to challenge themselves in a role that includes both working as part of a team and on individual assignments. If you have strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC with a passion for games and game-play then we'd love to hear from you!
Successful candidates will play test, destructively test, regress, create test suites, generate reports and provide general game feedback to aid the internal Development Teams.
You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and as part of our QA team your work will help ensure the continued level of quality of our current games. We welcome applications from those with or without QA experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a studio with a proven track record of delivering successful AAA titles and to play an important role in our continued success.
- Maintaining, running and creating test suites for both new and existing projects.
- Finding and reporting issues in a clear and accurate manner.
- Regressing both internal and external issues.
- Completing ad-hoc requests made to the QA team.
- Providing support to other Frontier teams as needed.
- Inquisitive and technical mind.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Pro-active and self-motivated attitude.
- Creative thinker.
Qualifications & Experience
- Computer literate
- Proven logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- An understanding of why QA is important
- Knowledge of JIRA and Test Rail
- Video game enthusiast with a passion for delivering the best experiences to our audience
- Strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC
- Games industry experience
- Degree qualified
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.