Technical Artist Pipeline and Performance
Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We are Britain's biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We are proud to be named one of the UK's Best Places to Work by GamesIndustry.biz in 2018.
As a Technical Artist you will have a good understanding of the content creation pipeline as well as the underlying basics of a resource source. The role is highly autonomous and we want candidates with a voice, who can help guide the creation of assets and our game/engine side tools.
We're looking for people with a passion to help develop and create the pipelines and results that back up the calibre of titles we work on. This is one of the key roles within our team and we're looking for candidates whose aspirations match.
- Being a point of contact on a project for TechArt requests and issues
- Helping to build, support and streamline the content creation pipeline
- Help define asset specifications and collaborate with the art leads to ensure assets are created to spec
- Ownership of the technical aspects of the art department and its impact on rendering performance and memory.
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to emerging requirements
- Open to exploring new ideas and approaches
- Ability to see the bigger picture and make a wider strategic contribution
- Knowledge of modern games asset pipelines
- Broad understanding of game engine and tools architecture
- Experience using Pix/Razor/Nsight or similar
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 400+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio's success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.