(Closed) Senior Animator
Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
An opportunity for an experienced Senior Animator or someone looking for that next step in their career.
As Senior Animator you will be creating animation assets for our games under the guidance of your director and the support of other industry veterans. Our catalogue of games covers a wide range of requirements to fit different animation targets and art styles. We take pride in great character animation, ranging from heavily stylised to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and realtime motion.
Your passion for animation will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we strive for in all our games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a studio with a proven track record of delivering successful AAA titles and to play an important role in our continued success.
- Taking direction from the lead animator and art director to create animation that is consistent with the game's visual design.
- Taking ownership over the animation demands of an entire game feature, from design to implementation.
- Taking an animation all the way from creation to the game engine, using our in-house tools.
- Carrying out supporting animation tasks to ensure a clean representation of our team’s animations in the game engine.
- Able to mentor and help develop junior members of the team.
- Experience working as a professional games animator.
- A confident and creative approach to your animation, able to make interesting acting choices and execute them effectively.
- An eye for animation principals and detail, helping to bring smooth, dynamic and reactive animations to our game.
- An animation showreel that demonstrates an excellent understanding of animation principals, strong character acting skills and experience animating creatures as well as bipeds.
- Professional experience using a 3d animation package (Maya, 3ds max, Blender, XSI etc.).
- Experience working with an animation behaviour tree software (Havoc Behaviour, Unity Mechanim, Unreal State Machines etc.).
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya.
- Experience creating human animation from a first-person perspective.
- Experience managing small teams of Animators.
- Taking ownership of entire features within a game.
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.