QA Technical Functionality Tester
Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
Frontier focuses on high quality internal QA testing for all our Games, and Cobra Game Engine and Tools. Testers have a fundamental role in our development process and will work closely with all disciplines on each project.
We are seeking a strong technically minded communicator who is looking to challenge themselves in a role that includes both working as part of a team and on individual assignments. If you have strong technical knowledge of leading game engines and related tools and a passion to champion the evolution of our Cobra Game Engine and tool sets then we'd love to hear from you!
Successful candidates will be responsible for testing new tools, plugins and periodic Game Engine releases, generating accompanying documentation, create test suites, generate reports and provide feedback in order to aid in driving up the overall quality of all of our products.
You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and as part of our QA team your work will help ensure the continued level of quality of our current games. We welcome applications from those with or without QA experience.
- Maintaining, running and creating test suites for both new and existing projects
- Finding and reporting issues in a clear and accurate manner
- Regressing both internal and external issues
- Create and maintain documentation for a variety of tools and plugins
- Accept and execute test requests from the Tools team
- Reporting test results from completed test requests, tools release tests and engine release tests
- Inquisitive and technical mind
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and self-motivated attitude
- Creative thinker
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Able to work on own initiative
- Proven logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Track record of working well within a team
- Previous experience in QA testing roles – games or software
- Basic understanding/knowledge of game engine editors and game development tools
- Video game enthusiast
- Strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC
- Games industry experience
- Previous experience working with game engine editors and development tools
- Strong understanding of development workflows with game engine editors and development tools
- Knowledge of JIRA and Test Rail
- Experience with destructive and exploratory testing methodology and practices
- Understanding of Agile processes
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.