Purchasing Assistant - Part-time (6 months FTC)
Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
As a Purchasing Assistant your role will be to coordinate the purchasing of goods and services that are required for the company, ensuring they are purchased in the most cost effective manner.
This is a part-time role (22.5 hours per week) which could be suited around school hours however we’re flexible on how the hours sit to suit the right person.
- To receive requests on our internal procurement system and source these with the most cost effective supplier.
- Raise and place orders with our existing approved suppliers
- Ensure all goods are delivered as expected and expedite where necessary
- Manage the database of approved suppliers ensuring relevant information is kept up to date
- Check for accuracy of invoices for goods & services received, contact suppliers when there are discrepancies with invoices.
- Coordinate the return of goods to suppliers where required
- Other adhoc duties
- The person needs to be proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Have the ability to multi-task and work independently as well as in a team
- Be proactive in their approach and take the initiative
- Have a professional manner with good written and verbal communication.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Ideally to have Indirect purchasing experience.
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.