Frontier, the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo, are looking for new talent to join our experienced and dedicated team to work on the recently announced Formula 1 management title with Liberty Media.
We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We’re looking for an ambitious and confident Lead Animator with experience managing a highly detailed motion capture driven project. It will be your responsibility to use the knowledge gained from your time within the industry to help both iteratively develop the existing approaches and propose new techniques to meet the technical and visual challenges of delivering a ground-breaking experience. You’ll be working with content creators and programmers to deliver this and it’s key you’re able to build good working relationships between diverse departments.
The role is highly autonomous and we want candidates with a voice, we’ll be counting on your skills experience and knowledge. We’re looking for people with the passion to deliver results that back up the calibre of titles we work on. This is one of the key roles within our team and we’re looking for candidates whose aspirations match. If you believe you have the skills and passion for this role we would love to hear from you!
- Building and leading a team of talented staff to achieve high-quality, polished and detailed animation across the project
- Directing complex motion capture shoots and developing a clear path to integrating the results into the game
- Providing feedback, supporting and developing other members within the animation team
- Working with production to create organised and achievable milestone expectations, avoiding crunch at all costs
- Strong experience working with a motion capture pipeline, co-ordination, direction, clean up and implementation
- Experience and confidence working with external vendors to capture realistic and technically complex scenarios
- Experience leading a team of animators and mentoring junior members of staff
- Experience of hiring, interviewing and vetting applicants
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- High level of technical confidence
- Knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder
- Experience working with external vendors
What we can offer you:
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 500+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, childcare vouchers, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.