(Closed) TV Editor (m/f/d) - SimRacing
Your Gateway into the Gaming Industry
Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH is a 360°-marketing agency specialized in targeting PC and console gamers worldwide. Besides its agency business, the company is a pioneer in online and TV influencing, managing its own original web services such as joinDOTA, 99Damage and Summoner’s Inn as well as producing YouTube and TV formats that reach audiences of millions. Currently, Freaks 4U Gaming employs more than 190 people at its headquarters in Berlin and the branch offices in Cologne (Germany), Taipei (Taiwan), Irvine (USA), Paris (France) and Niš (Serbia). At the end of 2017, the German print magazine FOCUS chose Freaks 4U Gaming as one of the best midsized employers going into 2018.
- Create video content and scripts – as well as conduct interviews for target groups in the gaming sector
- Conduct research on different gaming and esports formats and develop concepts and ideas for new TV and online media formats (i.e. Twitch and YouTube)
- Take leadership responsibility over our broadcast managers, EVS- and MAZ- editors during TV productions
- Are responsible for the project management and editorial supervision of TV and video productions
- Use the opportunity to reach your potential in TV anchoring and overall video editing
- You have at least two years’ experience working in TV and video production
- You successfully completed a degree in media, journalism or communications and/or did a traineeship
- You have comprehensive knowledge of cutting TV segments and online videos
- You are fluent in English – German is a plus
- You possess strong, working knowledge of simracing and its various titles/communities (as well as esports in general)
- You are comfortable writing and voicing scripts for broadcast
- You are dedicated, work/goal-driven and can function well in an independent role as well as in a team
- You are flexible and like to travel. A direct and honest exchange is natural to you
- You will pioneer esports content in a scene with massive potential.
- A chance to work with an international team under flat hierarchies with quick decision-making processes.
- You enjoy an open corporate culture and flexible time management.
- You are a part of a future-oriented company in gaming and esports.
- The chance to team up and play together with your colleagues online after work (2x 1 Gbit/s Fiber Links).
- Free car parking at your disposal. Spandau's old town is only a 5-minute walk away.
We are looking forward to receiving your full application, preferably via email in a PDF format, containing a letter of motivation, CV, credentials as well as your start date (please no zip or Word files).
Your contact person is Josefin Karg.
Please send us relevant work samples such as texts/articles written by you - preferably from the field of esport. You are also welcome to write an esports article on any topic of your choice.
Additionally, we would be interested in receiving a creative gaming CV.