(Closed) Senior Software Engineer (PHP) (m/f/d)
- Consult: Together with our product and design/frontend teams you'll develop new features and changes to our existing website systems and new systems in the future
- Coding: In coordination with our product and design/frontend teams you'll be responsible for the backend implementations in PHP
- Databases: You'll also be responsible for the database schema management powering our systems
- Optimise: Enhance, clean and maintain existing software in various areas
- Process: No one’s perfect. Help us build solid, efficient processes for future projects and enhance our current ones
- Challenge: Work on some of the biggest websites in the industry, aiming for the highest uptime and speed possible
- Documentation: Properly structure and create documentation about source-code and logics
- You successfully completed a form of higher education or have an equivalent degree in the Software Engineering/CS field and have at least 2-3 years experience in backend development in the environment of high-traffic and high-availability website systems.
- You are highly proficient in PHP development, both with and without frameworks
- You bring a good understanding of secure development practices and web security (i.e. Encryption, SQL injection, XSS, CSRF etc.)
- You are familiar with proficient database management and optimization (we use MySQL/MariaDB and MongoDB)
- You bring knowledge and experience with caching mechanisms used in the field (memcache, opcache etc.)
- You are familiar with code-structuring and -versioning (we use Git)
- Experiences with NodeJS, basic knowledge about Linux systems and maintenance and experiences working on Gaming/ esport or other competitive sport products are bonus, but not required
- You’ll work in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision-making processes
- You’ll enjoy an open corporate culture and a flexible time management
- You’ll be part of a future-oriented company in gaming and esports
- You’ll have a fully equipped modern kitchen (including coffee, tea, water, fruit) at your disposal
- You can team up with and play together with your colleagues online after work
(2x 1 Gbit/s Fiber Links)
- There is a free car parking at your disposal and Spandau's old town is only a 5-minute walk away
We are looking forward to receiving your full application, preferably via our online application form in a PDF document, containing a letter of motivation, CV, credentials as well as your start date and desired salary (please no zip or Word files). Your contact persons is Josefin Karg.
Additionally we look forward to receive a creative gaming CV.