Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
- Drafting and review of contracts in the areas of sponsorships, licensing, influencer & marketing campaigns, TV & event productions
- You will advise on legal issues, especially on copyright and trademark law and proactively build effective relationships within the company and ensure a legal understanding that is customary in the industry
- Support negotiations on contract terms with external stakeholders
- (Further) development of contract templates
- You support other team members and share your knowledge and experience
- You will stay up to date on legal developments in relevant areas and derive necessary steps for our company
- The maintenance and updating of our contract database is also one of your tasks
- University degree in law with profound knowledge in trademark and copyright law
- You have a least 2 years of professional experience, preferably in the agency, sports, event or gaming sector
- Very good knowledge of German and English, with profound knowledge of the respective legal vocabulary
- A reference to or interest in gaming and/or e-sports is an advantage
- Experience in US law or other local legislation would be an advantage (e.g. France, Taiwan, UK)
- Basic knowledge of data protection law would be an advantage
- You have a quick mind and work carefully and conscientiously
- With your communication skills you know how to convince, and you see yourself as an absolute team player
- You know how to structure your work and are able to set priorities even under time pressure
- Work in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision-making processes
- An open corporate culture
- You are a part of a future-oriented company in gaming and esports
- You have a fully equipped modern kitchen at your disposal
- You can team up with and play together with your colleagues online after work (2x1GB / s DSL)
- There is a free car parking at your disposal and Spandau’s old town is only a 5-minute walk away
We are looking forward to receiving your full application, preferably via email in a PDF format, containing a letter of motivation, CV, credentials as well as your start date (please no zip or Word files).
Your contact person is Sabrina McElhanon.
Additionally, we would be interested in receiving a creative gaming CV.
Your Gateway into the Gaming Industry
Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH is a 360°-marketing agency specialized in targeting PC and console gamers worldwide. Besides its agency business, the company is a pioneer in online and TV influencing, managing its own original web services such as joinDOTA, 99Damage and Summoner’s Inn as well as producing YouTube and TV formats that reach audiences of millions. Currently, Freaks 4U Gaming employs more than 190 people at its headquarters in Berlin and the branch offices in Cologne (Germany), Taipei (Taiwan), Irvine (USA), Paris (France) and Niš (Serbia). At the end of 2017, the German print magazine FOCUS chose Freaks 4U Gaming as one of the best midsized employers going into 2018.