Head of Event (m/f/d)
Your Gateway into the Gaming Industry
Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH is a 360°-marketing agency specialized in targeting PC and console gamers worldwide. Besides its agency business, the company is a pioneer in online and TV influencing, managing its own original web services such as joinDOTA, 99Damage and Summoner’s Inn as well as producing YouTube and TV formats that reach audiences of millions. Currently, Freaks 4U Gaming employs more than 190 people at its headquarters in Berlin and the branch offices in Cologne (Germany), Taipei (Taiwan), Irvine (USA), Paris (France) and Niš (Serbia). At the end of 2017, the German print magazine FOCUS chose Freaks 4U Gaming as one of the best midsized employers going into 2018.
Head of Department
As Head of Event you think and act entrepreneurially in the sense of Freaks 4U Gaming. You will lead the conception, planning and implementation of live communication measures / events by Freaks 4U Gaming and our customers and you will be responsible for the achievement of goals and the success of the events department. For this purpose, you are constantly developing the area, with a high focus on operational excellence and an eye on strategic positioning. You report directly to top management.
You will build and lead a team of event experts who will take care of the planning and control of live communication concepts. You attach great importance to self-determined work, a consistent distribution of tasks in the team, good team chemistry and the constant development of employees. In complex communication measures, you take on leadership and set a good example. You create a structure in which your team can lead several interdisciplinary project teams along the entire process chain - from the preparation of offers in the conception phase through planning and organization to implementation and follow-up.
In the case of extremely complex events, you will use your experience to take ownership of the successful implementation of the live communications measures independently and with full responsibility.
- Management and control of the strategic and operational alignment of the event area as well as technical and disciplinary management of the team
- Further development of processes and structures as well as continuous further development of the team
- Together with your team, you will develop strategies and creative event concepts for various event formats, from major events to community events, trade fairs (booths) as well as studio and live stream productions and ensure the successful integration into the marketing strategy and communication of our customers as well as a perfect orchestration of spectator events in our esports leagues
- Taking over the project management for complex event formats and ensuring a smooth process through regular exchange with our customers and event partners
- Responsible for budget planning, quality control and final evaluation of the projects
- You act as a contact person for service providers and independently carry out offer negotiations
- Coordination of the cooperation between the project stakeholders, internal specialist departments, external service providers and partners
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the independent implementation of events, as well as at least 2 years of professional experience in the management and development of teams, in the implementation of integrated communication measures with a focus on events for national and international customers or companies
- Completed studies in events, business administration, business administration, marketing, communication sciences or a humanities degree with reference to project organization and live communication and / or completed training in specialist agency areas (events, advertising, sponsoring, sports marketing, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of event conception, planning and implementation as well as a profound understanding of event marketing and live marketing activities
- Successful references in the implementation of events, trade fairs or other events, preferred with sophisticated technology and complex exhibition construction as well as exciting content and entertainment programs with at least 6-digit budget responsibility
- Thanks to your experience, you have a good network of service providers in the field of exhibition stand construction, event technology, network technology and, if necessary, ticketing
- You are a talent for organization and communication with an independent, structured and solution-oriented way of working, in addition you have assertiveness, a winning demeanor and a healthy dose of humor, you are enthusiastic and can inspire
- Founded commercial knowledge, especially in the area of project controlling, offer management, purchasing (goods such as services) and final reports
- You have very good knowledge of English and German, as well as very good knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Plus: passion for gaming and esports
- Work in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision-making processes
- An open corporate culture
- You are a part of a future-oriented company in gaming and esports
- You have a fully equipped modern kitchen at your disposal
- You can team up with and play together with your colleagues online after work (2x1GB / s DSL)
- There is a free car parking at your disposal and Spandau’s old town is only a 5-minute walk away
We are looking forward to receiving your full application, preferably via email in a PDF format, containing a letter of motivation, CV, credentials as well as your start date (please no zip or Word files).
Your contact person is Sabrina McElhanon.
Additionally, we would be interested in receiving a creative gaming CV.
Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH / An der Spreeschanze 10 / 13599 Berlin