(Closed) Associate Digital Product Manager
Who We Are
FOX Sports is the global innovator in sports production and we are looking to maintain our creative excellence in the digital world with the consumer products that we create for our customers. The FOX Consumer Platform & Engineering team powers all FOX digital products and, in this case, specifically FOX Sports.
The Associate Digital Product Manager helps define the interactive products we create. The individual is expected to detail specifications for product concepts that enable FOX Sports to stand out from the competition and that leverage emerging technologies and consumer preferences. This often includes new idea generation. This is accomplished by working closely with other product managers and various departments, especially the design, engineering and QA teams.
- Help lead the product development process from discovery to release
- Collaborate with product, design and engineering during discovery process
- Produce detailed written specifications for web and mobile app products
- Gather requirements to define minimum viable product and phasing
- Help lead sprint planning meetings with the product development teams
- Perform thorough user acceptance testing with strong attention to detail and performance
- Collaborate with QA, design and engineering leads to verify releases
- Review, mentor and guide less experienced product manager teammates
- Participate and/or lead product brainstorming sessions
- Stay current on digital development practices and the technology industry
- Stay current on sports and entertainment products, topics and trends
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- 1-3 years of full-time digital product management experience
- Experience wireframing conceptual products
- Experience writing product specifications for development teams
- Experience contributing to product roadmaps and backlogs
- Technical background with a detailed understanding of web and mobile platforms
- Solid understanding of digital analytics, data analysis and the research process
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) with varied audiences
- Strong affinity for sports and familiarity with competing products
- Interest in gambling, live streaming, data visualizations, esports and social media platforms
What We’re Really Looking For Is Someone Who…
- Generates innovative ideas that are well-defined and easy to digest
- Takes great pride in his/her work and is excited to show it off to friends
- Is passionate about building unique features that are highly functional, needed and useful
- Analyzes a problem and thinks through multiple solutions before soliciting feedback
- Is always looking to improve, learn from and share ideas and knowledge with his/her peers
- Truly understands the team approach shared among product, design, engineering and QA
- Consistently meets deadlines, anticipates issues and raises concerns early
- Solves problems without being asked
- Enjoys working with others
- Is flexible and open to feedback
Primarily works in quiet professional office environment. Flexible work hours with casual dress.
Frequently required use of hands and fingers to write, manipulate telephone, keyboard and mouse. Regularly required to hear, talk and use close vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.