Software Engineer - Unreal / C++
Forward Game Studios is expanding our development team to create cutting-edge video games for next gen consoles, PC, and VR headsets. Founded in 2016, you will be joining a veteran team of software engineers, designers, artists and other senior leadership with decades of experience who have shipped some of the bestselling titles in history including games in the DOOM, QUAKE, Wolfenstein, RAGE, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike and Left 4 Dead series.
COVID-19 Update: Forward Game Studios is based in Dallas, Texas, and we have transitioned to a mostly work-from-home model during this time. We are always eager to bring more people into the thriving Dallas game development scene, but this position is also open to fully remote applicants. If interested in relocation, we understand each person's circumstances may be unique during this time and will work with you to explore a plan that fits your specific situation.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We're looking for a passionate and driven software engineer who can help us build great applications and games across multiple platforms. As a Software Engineer at Forward Game Studios, you will work as part of a small team to solve tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and a highly collaborative team. You will design, implement, test and deploy apps to multiple platforms as part of the development team.
RESPONSIBILITIES and REQUIREMENTS
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Curious and self-directed with a strong attention to details and a user-centric approach.
- Experience with 3D programming and building apps in the Unity or Unreal engine.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Experience developing for the Unreal engine.
- Experience writing production quality C/C++ or C# code.
- Experience developing on Oculus VR platforms
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Experience debugging across a variety of hardware platforms
- Computer science or related degree