Senior Software Engineer - Consoles (Next Gen)
Forward Game Studios is expanding our development team to create cutting-edge video games for next gen consoles, PC, and VR headsets. Founded in 2016, you will be joining a veteran team of software engineers, designers, artists and other senior leadership with decades of experience who have shipped some of the bestselling titles in history including games in the DOOM, QUAKE, Wolfenstein, RAGE, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike and Left 4 Dead series.
COVID-19 Update: Forward Game Studios is based in Dallas, Texas, and we have transitioned to a mostly work-from-home model during this time. We are always eager to bring more people into the thriving Dallas game development scene, but this position is also open to fully remote applicants. If interested in relocation, we understand each person's circumstances may be unique during this time and will work with you to explore a plan that fits your specific situation.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As a Software Engineer on the development team, you'll be working in a highly collaborative environment to solve tough technical challenges across multiple platforms and game engines. You will be helping to design and implement performant and maintainable game features. We take pride in developing the best possible game experiences and want you to as well!
- Work closely with other engineers and designers to build game features in C++
- Develop and evolve game features to take advantage of PS5 and Xbox Series X console capabilities
- Mentor and educate other developers on Next Gen console features and considerations
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality game features to that schedule
- Be a self-motivated and collaborative team player with a strong work ethic
- 5+ years of experience programming in the games industry
- Strong C++ design and development experience
- Experience developing for PS4, Xbox One, or Next Gen consoles
- Experience coding multi-threaded and real-time systems
- Enjoys working in many different game systems, with the capability to tackle anything from entire systems to random tasks
- Self-motivation and a willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development
- Collaborative with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable industry experience
- Experience with DirectX 12
- Experience developing networked systems and multiplayer gameplay
- Experience modifying systems or features in Unreal Engine 4 in C++
- Experience with console game certifications (TRCs/TCRs)
- Experience shipping one or more games