(Closed) Design Lead, Marketing
At Forte, we believe blockchain will enable new economic and creative opportunities for gamers around the world, and have assembled a world-class team of veterans from across the games industry—and a $100M developer fund—to help make it happen. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for an experienced Design Lead to create and implement a cohesive visual language for our organization. The role will be responsible for all marketing design-related work, including but not limited to our visual identity, asset guidelines, presentations, illustrations, our website, conference / event materials, videos, and other marketing assets. This role will also have a key voice in larger scope creative projects as well.
You will be in the creative / design core of all our marketing efforts. If you’re an experienced graphic designer / creative lead who wants to play a direct part in helping us achieve our aim of creating new economic and creative possibilities for billions of gamers and developers around the world, we want to hear from you! (Portfolio / work examples required.)
In this role, you will…
- Use your expert design skills to provide elegant, innovative design solutions to complex visual problems across a variety of media and distribution channels.
- Leverage your craft to communicate with clarity and cohesion, and in a visually understandable but sophisticated manner.
- Be responsible for establishing and overseeing the quality, integrity, and consistency of our visual identity and presence, internally and externally.
- Be a strong creative / design presence on marketing initiatives in collaboration with the broader team, from ideation to execution.
- Generate a diverse array of designs in response to design briefs.
- Source, manage, and review / approve the work of external designers, illustrators, and agencies as needed for a wide scope of projects.
To be a good fit, you have…
- 6-8 years minimum of design experience at a creative or advertising agency, design consultancy, or editorial publishing company.
- Impeccable design fundamentals (color, form, type, layout), as well as a solid understanding of the latest design tools, concepts, and technologies.
- Sophisticated design sense across digital and traditional mediums, with a strong emphasis on strategic conceptual skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, even while working under tight deadlines.
- A collaborate-first mentality but can take an idea and run with it when necessary.
- Understanding of how to leverage visual design to not simply present information, but to augment it.
- Ability to deliver creative direction when working with external parties including agencies, production teams, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with different kinds of backgrounds / disciplines (technical, marketing, business, etc.).
- A diverse portfolio of work (print, web, illustration, video, etc.) that showcases your ability to inspire, innovate, and effectively communicate complex ideas using your craft.
- Ability to act upon critique and design feedback.
- First-rate judgement skills in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent taste when it comes to design language and storytelling.
Bonus if you also have…
- Experience with video, motion graphics, web development, photography, or UX design.
- Strong illustration skills.
- A love of video games.
We believe in treating people right to build a great team for the journey ahead. If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive compensation.
- Remote and/or flexible work arrangements. We believe in bringing on the best people to our team no matter where they are in the world.
- A dynamic startup environment where you will constantly be challenged and exposed to new ideas.
- Whatever equipment helps you get your job done.