Gaming Product Manager (FTC)
Please note this role is offered on a 6 month fixed-term contract.
Formula E is the pinnacle of electric motorsport; unpredictable, highly competitive open cockpit, open wheel racing in the centre of some of the world’s most iconic cities.
In its first seven seasons, Formula E has crowned 6 different champions and celebrated 21 winners in 84 races. With more automotive manufacturers on the grid than any other motorsport, the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship is one of the world’s most compelling racing series and enters its eighth season as the fastest growing sport on the planet.
But we’re more than a race; Formula E was founded to counteract climate change by accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles and as an unparalleled proving ground for race-to-road electric vehicle technologies. In Season 8, our ambition has grown as has our vision to accelerate sustainable human progress through an all out race for better futures. The only sport certified net zero carbon since inception, Formula E is a beacon for fans who want to enjoy edge-of-seat racing today at the same time as having a positive effect on the world tomorrow.
Working with us
At Formula E, we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and, whilst we are passionate about delivery, we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
As our Gaming Product Manager, you will be involved in one of the most exciting areas of Formula E. Entering our eighth season, gaming is at the heart of everything we do; from the Championship’s official app and website to our ground-breaking FanBoost and esports initiatives.
The successful candidate will be required to develop relationships with Formula E’s gaming partners and internal teams. He/she will be central in the development of the gaming and strategy roadmap; working with developers and publishers to integrate Formula E’s IP into video game titles and exploring new opportunities. The role will also have a focus on our esports proposition and events; both at-race and outside, and through online competitions. This person will serve as the central point of contact between Formula E and our gaming and esports partners.
The role will be responsible for coordinating promotion and marketing of all gaming products and esports events; ensuring maximum reach and awareness amongst the existing Formula E fanbase and new audience segments. This will involve working collaboratively with internal teams to coordinate content creation and distribution.
What you will be doing
Managing the roadmap for esports and gaming projects, ensuring that they meet fan expectations and continue to evolve in line with industry changes and internal strategic developments. Delivering regular status reports and escalating challenges as appropriate.
- Become an expert on all games with Formula E integrations
- Management of existing gaming partners
- Work with developers to manage their IP requirements
- Push gaming partners to feature FE integrations through competition/exposure within the game
- Synchronise marketing, PR and comms across FE and gaming partners
- Lead on all esports operations relating to sim-racing/Formula E: Accelerate. Ranging from:
- Rule development
- Server management
- Prize distribution
- Supporting the live production
- Participant management
- Support in the development of Formula E’s long-term gaming and esports strategy
- Track and manage all key partner deliverables
- Manage and develop simulator rental business for partners:
- Forward inbound requests to our agency partner to generate event pipeline
- Manage P&L and ensure profitability
At track responsibilities:
- Ownership and product management of Gaming Arena and E-Race
- Track all broken hardware (computer, simulator, monitor, etc) and fit replacements as well as budgeting costs for new equipment
- Advise on format of E-Race and establish all technical aspects of the operation, ranging from server management to any production/broadcast requirements
- Manage fan participation
- Updating internal social teams with relevant gaming/E-Race news throughout the race weekend.
What we are looking for
- Broad understanding of PC's and Gaming hardware, including simulators and their functionality
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Experience in delivering events to a high standard
- Experience of working in an event-based environment
Skills and aptitudes:
- Competent in MS Office
- Great attention to detail
- Sound organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Empathy and flexibility to work in an international environment and amongst a diverse international workforce
- Knowledge and a passion for video games and esports is a must
- Happy to travel and to work during unsociable hours as and when required, including during race weekends.
The small print...
Before applying, please make sure you read the Formula E Privacy Notice available on our website.
We receive a high number of applications per role and therefore ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields.